Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wonderful Winghams

I'm home! To over excited dogs and children and a magnifiecnt man who has held the fort while I was having the best time ever!!! :-) Best. Ever. Ever. When they are all out tomorrow I will unwrap "the haul" and take a pic. What I have bought is fab but what I have in my head is beyond price - I know how to spin. This is not like saying "I'm good" coz I'm not and need lots of practise but now I'm not a hapless passenger of the spinning fates. If I want DK hardwearing or Aran softer wearing I know what to do to get that. I know what all the "groove thingies" on my wheel are for. How even it is is still in the lap of the Gods but I have begun to believe that I will stop spinning "ornaments" and start spinning so I can knit something with it. I am chuffed to bits. And knackered. Pics later.

5 Comments:

Blogger Flossie in Stitches said...

jealous? me? absolutely! xx

10:07 PM  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

*jealous*

(Glad you had fun.)

9:45 AM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Sounds fantastic! Good for you! I went on a one day spinning workshop some time ago and really enjoyed it but I don't have a wheel to practice on. I'm curious to know about your Wingham haul, too. Will check later.
Hazel

9:56 AM  
Blogger Sharon J said...

You can spin?? That's something I'd love to do but probably never will because a) I don't have the room for any more hobbies in this house without somebody having to move out first, and b)I have far too many things on my list of things I'd love to do. I did have an old wheel once but I'm not sure anybody would have been able to actually spin on it so I used it for decoration with dried flowers stuck on it. I couldn't do that in the little drum with live in now, though. Other than that, I'm curious as to where 14 miles from me is ;-) ~Sharon

10:08 AM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Way to go! It's a great feeling, isn't it? Being able to spin? And getting the pleasure of a trip to Wingham's thrown in. Lucky, lucky woman ;)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home