Saturday, March 11, 2006

Is it a bird.................?

I am in the final straight ............................ these purty little tiles are going on the wall under the cooker hood. I've done the same thing before but didn't have enough tiles and had a tall cooker so who cared? We cared when one of Brian's customers gave us a new cooker. A new lower cooker. So while we were decorating (while I was decorating and being berrated for the speed with which I was doing it! :-)) the old tiles had to go as I couldn't match them and yesterday I started all over again......... Nearly done, just have to grout.
Not much knitting news I'm afraid. I am pissed off to tell you the truth because I don't really have anything to knit. Shock. Horror. I know, it's crap isn't it? As we have established I don't have much stash and currently have nothing in the way of WIP's so when I finish something - think it was the pink socks - there's no comforting picking up of something else to sooth that transition to the next new project. It's a well known fact that people who have several things on the go acheive far more as they don't fall into the "finish and don't know what to start next" trap. So we knitters have practised for years what big business psychology is only recently coming round to. You need lots of things part done to get you through the energy gap that comes with the "end" of a project. I am going to knit a sweater for a friend, the Annie Modesitt (sp?) cabled design from the December Interweave. The trouble is trying to get her to choose the colours. Could be a while. So I figured while I'm in the knitting doldrums I need plenty of spinning practise. This is some pretty variable fleece I was given and it has some "bobbles" in it that I am reliably informed are a "break in the staple". They're a pain, I know that much. Anyway this is not destined for greatness but it's good practise. :-) There is a very small amount of knitting news. Two Dulaan hats, one big, one small. And this.........
Is it a bird? A plane?? No, it's a th-th-thong!!!!! A friend of ours, Terry, has the slightly novel habit of stripping down to his skids when he's fishing. No private lakes here guys, we're talking on the canal or river bank wherever and whenever. No shorts for our Tel, so I figured this would be better gear for him. It' s pretty sturdy actually, more like a cricket box than a thong! :-) Bri has modelled it for me but was shy of a piccy - think he's realised pics=blog !! Now you're gonna have to be pretty "manly" to fill this baby, you reading this Terry? We want pictures!!! :-)))))

6 Comments:

Blogger Flossie in Stitches said...

Oh Sal, that thong is absolutely fantastic! You MUST get photos of Terry in it :o)

x

7:49 AM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Haha! Love that thong! I made one for Tom, out of boring cotton so it would actually be wearable... has he worn it? Has he heck!

5:56 PM  
Blogger sal the spider said...

Now, if you'd made it out of pink fluff...........:-)
You know what stocking stitch is like with fluffy yarn and how you get more strands in than out? I just keep thinking how kinkily fluffy and soft the inside of that thong will be. LOL

6:01 PM  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Hubby says if I knit him something like that he will divorce me.

(Hmm....worth a shot....as long as I get to keep the PC...)

NO STASH??????!!! *eek* Call yourself a knitter? Go and buy some yarn at once. Acrylic, charity shop, Ebay...does not matter. You can`t be a real knitter without a stash!

7:09 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

LOL I love the thong! Definitely get to ebay fo stash enhancement - you can pick up some good bargains amongst the stuff selling at *at least* RRP >:-)

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blimey! It sounds like it's almost worth taking a trip to wherever this Terry fishes, just to see him wearing his new fluffy thong :) ~Sharon

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home