Monday, March 06, 2006

Baa baa white sheep....

Yup, three bags full. I figure since I'm sooo busy with other stuff, and since this years fleeces are not too far away I may as well use up some of this stuff. It is a real mixture, some is nice, some is very hairy and some is pretty crap. First lesson for this year; Label the fleeces so you know where the good ones came from. No doubt obvious to many, that one passed me by this time round. This is one bag load on the kitchen table. I keep thinking I should spin it but I have other stuff to spin, samples to try from Wingham Wool Work and some scrummy stuff from Pure Inspiration as well as bits I've already dyed and I am going to Wingham's next week and you think I'm coming home empty handed? Yeah right. So this fleece has to find another purpose. Tah dah!!! This is a coupla hours worth this afternoon - I'll post more when it's much bigger.
The T-shirt is what I really do ;-) The felting is new for this year, the T-shirts are what got me into having a stall. This is an old one of Brian's, a really popular colour, at one point I couldn't pick out my kids (not a problem usually in bright shirts!;-)) because every bugger's kid was wearing one the same!!!! Oh, and coz I feel bad about the lack of knitting content, here's a hat I finished a coupla weeks ago, a Cabin Fever pattern. Called the Inka Hat. I had lots of bits of Cashmerino Aran left from other hats I did for pressies so I got one or two extra colours and did this. Now I know you can't see a lot of detail on a navy sweater but this is my man modelling his one and only handknitted sweater. Took me 18 years to get round to, I wanted
to make sure he was staying around. He's wearing his felted clogs too but I couln't get him to put his feet up high enough. I did nearly get a shot of him for TutleyMutley, wearing only the clogs - to show her how nice they are. But he'd been out in the snow for an hour with no coat and felt it didn't do him, erm, justice.;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

What a fantastic hat! The t-shirt is amazing too, forgive my ignorance here, is it tie-dye, batik? I tried batik once at sixth form (many years ago) as I was "allowed" to do art on Wednesday afternoons - didn't work out too well in the end but a lot of fun :-)

7:00 PM  
Blogger sal the spider said...

Thanks very much for the complimentary comments!!! The T-shirt is tie-dyed in the US style which is done with rubber bands and putting all your colours on at once with squeezy bottles. I do some batik designs but stretch cotton is not the ideal base and I "lose" loads in the process so I concentrate mostly on the tie-dyed ones.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sal and gang hope you well!!

went to rug farmers market to get your mugs and the lady wasn't there, so i have rung her and she said she will ring once they are finished. lol your hubbys cuzzie and your mate, jen, xxxx

1:37 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Tee hee, thanks for TRYING Sal -
that Inka hat is luverly, too. I'm recovering from a chest infection and several days in bed (after saying the other day - it's been years since I've had a cold :(
famous last words). SOOOo I think I need to order some feltclogs as a get better presi!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Great T-shirt!

Have fun at Wingham Wools....nirvana! I`m still mourning all the stuff I didn`t buy...but it`s a five hour drive from here, alas.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Hi Sal,
Got your comment, would send you the Ebay name you want privately but the email button on your profile isn`t enabled! Mine is however, so you could contact me direct through there if you so desired.

The cauliflower curry wasn`t that great, btw...much prefer daal. But Hubby likes cauliflower....*sigh*

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home