Thursday, March 02, 2006

I think, therefore I paint...............


This is what my life has become. The kitchen is a b"$£%^d of a room to do coz you can't actually move out of it. Not totally, so I end up spending half my time moving stuff about so I can paint very small bits of it and then shuffling it all along again :-( Never mind, I'm getting there - slowly. Not much knitting/felting getting done thou' and now I have a blog and a fan (Hi Rachel :-) ) I feel like I need to get my arse into gear and knit interesting things, make interesting felt and generally be a more interesting person! LOL
This is a pic of what passes for a "main road" around here. The village where I live lies atop a big hill. All roads going out also go down. What this means is when we have a goodish lot of snow, you have to ask yourself not "can I get out?" but "can I get back in?"!!! A neighbour didn't ask herself sternly enough this morning and ended up leaving the car at the bottom of the bank (local for "hill") and walking back up. All the kids were off so I took two for a walk with the dogs. In a moment of sudden at-one-ness with nature and all who sail in her I grabbed the middle one and said, "I really love you you know and I love being your Mum" I smiled down at him and hugged him and in a split second he replied, "Good, eat that" and smacked me in the mouth with a handful of snow. Bless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Flossie in Stitches said...

Hi Sal

Wow, the snow looks beautiful, I love your 'main road'! I could do with escaping the city for a while I think. Perhaps when I finish my degree I'll move somewhere off the beaten track. Like New Zealand, lol.

I want to see some of your felt... blog it, blog it!

Enjoy the snow. x

PS. Still no heating!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home