Friday, June 16, 2006

WOW!!!!!!!!

Look at all that!!!! I must be the luckiest Dye-O-Rama swapper in the Blogiverse, Universe, Cosmos, whatever!!!!!! My swapper was Reb from Shades of Green and I cannot believe what she's sent me :-) There are bones for the dogs, here they are "asking nicely" for them..... There are Gummies for the kids, here they are looking as if Gummies wouldn't melt! (Well two of them are here, the other one missed out, such is group dynamics in a house full of boys...) There is a beautiful book called "The Gift of the Sacred Dog" by Paul Goble, it has the most lovely illustrations and I can't wait to read it! There were what Reb calls "low brow" chocolates, all peanutty and fabulous - we are munching as I speak with Bri saying "cor, you don't get M&M's like this over here, give 'em here!" Then there is another bag, full of "high brow" chocs, fabulous stuff like Paul Newman's "Butter Toffee Crunch"and Seattle Chocolate's "Expresso Truffle Bar" Then there is a selection of teas from a Master Blender. I love tea and as I don't use milk in it I can really appreciate a tasty cuppa!! Then there's The Yarn!!!! Oh, it is wonderful. There is a blue blend in fabulous shades called "Seagasm" . This pic doesn't do it justice, it's bluer and deeper and altogether lovely. This will be socks for me. The other large hank is "Primevil Promise" and is the most divine wool/tencel blend, it shimmers like rain on leaves and is all the shades of trees. Greens, brown all with that shimmer. I don't know it's destiny yet. ( You will get to see the wonder of this when blogger stops arsing about and lets me upload the sodding picture!) Theres also a tidy hank of STR as I said I lusted after it, that will be an amulet bag I think.... Everything came with cards attached that are both beautiful and full of lovely notes and explanations. I have never had anything so lovely sent to me before, I am deeply touched and totally thrilled. Thank you Reb, thank you very, very much :-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sal,
What a wonderful parcel of goodies!!
Please may I order 3 pairs of your finest socks ( size 8, 7, & 5)
This is not a wind up so please keep busy and I'll send you or deliver you some alchol....
Love to the gang always xxxx.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

What a lovely parcel! Can't wait to see what you create. :-)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Reb said...

Oh, evil Blogger--it ate my comment!

Take two:
Wow, it is so strange to go to someone's blog and see something you've sent there. Really surreal for a moment -- I almost did a double-take! I'm so glad you like everything, Sal. I loved dyeing the yarn and sneaking about planning goodies. Whee!

And hey, I had to look up what "cor" means. Learn somethin' new everyday.

I can't wait to see what you create, Sal!

Nameless no more,
Reb :)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

That's a fabulous package..love the yarn and am lusting for the candies ..even the bones !

9:16 PM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Brilliant haul! My dye-o-rama buddy came up a treat too... so much for the exchange being just one skein of yarn!!

9:05 AM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Cor blimey - fantastic parcel, Sal! What's an 'amulet bag', then? Is this a little bag full of treasures?

6:46 PM  
Blogger sal the spider said...

Hey TutleyMutley, I've left a message on your blog but belt and braces, ya know?! LOL Can't find your email addy right now, email me your snail addy and I'll send you one
Sal x

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home