Monday, June 05, 2006

One day..........

.......I won't begin a post with "this is just a quickie". One day, not today coz this is just a quickie :-)I am pleased with how the dyeing came out. The thick and thin is really lovely and now it's dry the discrepancy between the deeper and lighter bits is much less. The thin stuff is the same sort of colours in a sock wool and is the other option to go to my Dye-o-Rama swapper. I will post it tomorrow so I'll have to decide today I guess! The black/shiny yarn is the latest hank of handspun. The shiny bit doesn't really take a great pic but is the Rainbow Merino/Tencel combed tops I came back from Winghams with. I have a huge amount to learn about what looks good plied with what but I'm reasonably happy with the result here. I didn't think the merino/tencel would show itself off very well plied to itself. I didn't want to echo a bright colour from the rainbow either so went for black. What do you think? I can't get my head round spinning singles which could've been a way to go I suppose......
This pretty thing is a new sock for my darling. In reality those colours are sooooo pretty. The pattern is lovely too, it's the Parting Ways sock. Can't remember offhand where I bought it but it's lovely to do. Blogger has decided that you will see no more today so that's your lot. I can hear my "new" washing machine arriving and have nearly two weeks worth to do so ta ta!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

gorgeous colours:) What is the sock yarn Sal?

7:30 PM  
Blogger sal the spider said...

I was too busy thinking about the mountain of washing to put in the full info:-) It's Trekking XXL(Ombre 110 I think) This is it http://www.astridsdutchobsessions.com/Scripts/prodlist.asp?idCategory=12&sm=12 I got mine from a seller on ebay. It is lovely stuff.
Sal x

8:28 PM  
Blogger sal the spider said...

Sorry - Ombre 100 - d'oh!
Sal

9:31 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Ah no washing machine..ghastly and now that it is sunny and hand-washing will dry it arrives.Love the handspun stuff...so envious of you spinners but one day I just might get a start..I know Amber will be soon ( that's great). We are all a lot of spiders aren't we ?

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sal, sorry to hear about your back, hope you start to feel more human soon (whatever that might be), will send you healing thoughts, so if you feel a little warm today, thats me LOL!

Love the yarn for the socks, looks really lovely, in fact I might look out for some just like it. Loved the photo of you and Bri off on your night out. We don't get out often ourselves, but I don't think I would be brave enough for fancy dress! Need to move out of my comfort zone I think LOL.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. The Black Rainbow Merino/Tencel is gorgeous. And your Dye Bud-recip is one lucky duck (absolutely gorgeous combo of colors). Unlike my Dye-Bud-recip, I fear!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Love the dyeing, looks great, especially the thick/thin. And plying the spinning with black does set the shine of nicely. So there ;)xx

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home