Sunday, May 14, 2006

Dye-o-meme-o-Rama and thanks guys!

I just have time to do this if I'm quick before I seize up again!!!
Thank you all so very, very much for your good wishes. I've had a bit of a backslide today but otherwise I'm OK :-)
Now swap buddy ; if you have already done my yarn don't panic :-) I will love it I'm sure, read on and see - I'm not a fussy womanLOL

Specific to this swap:
Your favorite colors?
Blimey - loads, every colour, just not in it's pastel form!

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)?
If it's for socks specifically, fingering, otherwise yarn's yarn, y'know?!

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
The more colour the better!

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn?
I really don't mind - whatever my bud wants to do!

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)?
I will probably knit socks with what I get so as long as it wears OK that's fine.

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it?
Fangorn

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along?
An excuse to buy yarn and play with dye!

General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before?
Mostly fibre, some yarn.

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method?
For wool, Lanaset dye. Handpainted and then set in the pressure-cooker.

Do you spin?
You betcha!

Have you knit socks before?
Do bears s%*& in the woods?!

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too?
Baby stuff, amulet bags, small stuff.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
Hmmnnnn, for socks? Lorna's Laces, Koigu, just discovered Trekking XXL and I love it!, Socks that Rock, Hagebutte(sp?) loads!

What yarn do you totally covet?
Socks that Rock - a two colourway version like the picture on the website.

Favorite patterns?
I quite like a plain sock and fancy yarn but I loved Cabin Fever's celtic braid sock and can't remember the name of the yarn but it was the one they kit up the pattern in and it was wonderful. Shelridge Farm I think - lovely!

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Kaffe Fassett's Leaf Coat. It's a very old pattern but years ago I cost it at over £300!

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
Recent convert to wooden DPN's for socks.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
I'd be Peace Fleece Dk - probably the Olive Roots colourway!

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
If there's sugar involved....Any! I love chocolate and peanut combos - we don't do enough of them in the UK

What’s your favorite animal?
Dogs and horses. They have been with us as a race for such a very long time and always helped us.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?
Mole - nearly 4 Staffie/Whippety crossbred bitch
Flossie - aka "Floppy" 2 year old Lab cross bitch
FB and Fidget - ferrets


If you were a color what color would you be?
Sea coloured

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)..
Elderly denim with pearl poppers

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
Tree

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting
E. E. Cummings (or e e cummings as some would have it)

Do you have a wishlist?
No

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dye Buddy, dear, thank you so much for posting this! I have not, in fact, dyed your yarn yet, so this information will be very helpful (as well as entertaining :)). I meant that last parenthesis as a close parenthesis, but alas, it also mimics my double chin.

After auntie left, I caught up on a few things including checking out your links to Wonderful Wool and Fabulous Fibre. I'm afraid I got rather sidetracked at Woolly Workshop where I discovered the Silkwood yarns; I came away many pounds lighter, and not the kind I'd like to lose.

Off to do a little dyeing...
Your Bud

11:51 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh I'm not laughing at yah gal but that was the funniest ,most un-pretentious list I've read .I'd love to be sea-coloured too but then the river coloured folk would probably sniff at me..you know the World .It was my turn to stagger into the L.Y.S on Friday to use their chair as I had excrutiating back-pain..sigh.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Doh - you've reminded me that I need to get my meme done too... y'know there's only 7 of us from the UK in dye-o-rama? Spinning Sue is another.

Now look after that back, y'here?xx

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home