Friday, May 26, 2006

Quick.......

Hi! Just a few quick pics...... Thank you those who said "don't be stupid" I now have a lovely new Osteopath. Aaahhh! I am still in pain and constantly tired having spent two weeks doing bugger all, anything is a big deal.
You can dye when you are "pottering" (pottering as instructed by said ostopath.) In fact it is a good pottering exercise! The thin stuff is probably what I will ship to my buddy. I really like it but fair's fair :-) The thicker stuff is some thick'n'thin pure wool I got from Wingham's and have got around to dyeing. Now, some dyed really well and some has washed out quite a lot. Hmmnn. Think it could be a temperature issue. White and brown vinegar are the same pH aren't they? Swapped half way round the skein. Don't think it's that. It's not too bad and will probably knit up OK but the deep colours are soooo pretty it's just a shame. The socks are the ridged pair I started yonks ago. The Sweater is from Interweave, I'm knitting it for a friend. Well it wouldn't fit round my leg so def not for me!!
The skein of wool was the first one I did for Dye-o-Rama and though I like it - and still may send it - I wanted to try another colourway. Finally, why schools insist on having "Fancy Dress Days" willy frigging nilly is beyond me. We've only just had one! The teachers obviously don't have three kids (and a bad back - whinge, moan :-)) Couldn't sit and sew and couldn't disappoint the boy so forked out £30 (gulp) still, cute though............

9 Comments:

Blogger Spinningsue said...

Nice dyeing! Love the greeny-bluey-purpley one!

Hope your back gets better real quick'

4:31 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Hehe the tin man outfit is great :-D

Lovely dyeing, glad you can at least do that while your back is healing. Yay for the new osteopath!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Billy boy looking good !!!!!!
hope you are feeling yourself soon (not in a rude way:) spk soon xx

LOL The Blights.

P.S. take a look: www.plasnewyddcottage.co.uk

have a great weekend !!!!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Yey - back to blogging! Great dyeing, and why could I never have a costume like that as a kid?x

12:24 AM  
Blogger Flossie in Stitches said...

I'm glad you're feeling a wee bit better and you've been able to blog...I've missed you!

Sal, are you going to WoolFest? Hope so!

Alice xxx

2:13 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Glad you pottering ,the sound reminds me of the days I spent bent intwo after Holly was born by C-section and nurses told me to straighten up..then found out they'd sewed me up a bit too tight .I think they were all sadists anyhow.I well remember having to make a Little Grey Rabbit outfit in very short notice ..teachers ..more sadists !

3:19 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

That is one cute tinman! Hope your back is better soon - dh has also got bad back - he swears by hot water bottles.
I'm getting inspired by all this dying of yarns - it looks fab.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love you hand dyeing, Sal. Sorry to read about your back-join the club!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Green hair!!!!!!!!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home