Thursday, March 30, 2006

Forgive me Brian for I have sinned....big time

Ho hum, I really didn't mean to, ask Isabella. She'll tell ya (back me up here, fellow addict! :-)) there was a certain confusion about how the reserve price thing on ebay worked and in order to fully understand it I had to keep bidding and it just sort of happened............. meet my new friend. Lovely eh? Sooooo I have spent the last coupla days in denial. Guilt. Worry. Took my courage in both hands this morning and did that whole "Babble, babble, babble" thing and he looked puzzled, shrugged and said "you bought a loom?" So the reality (which he understood when I stopped hyperventilating) was better wasn't it y'know a loom, well, would've been worse yeah? Don't grin Isabella, I'm not buying a friggin' loom!
As if I hadn't sinned enough, I got caught up in sockiness, ask Colin, we both got really socky for a while there and this was the result. L to R Opal hand-dyed; Regia Canadian Color; Opal Uni and Marathon Tango. They are all lovely. Bought from here. Had a notion to do the Fiesta Feet in the two greens as I like the idea of a not-too-much-of-a-contrast between the two. On the other hand is there enough to make it visible or would all that fairisle sockiness be for nought? Well, I'm off now, as Ruth or even Ruth ( which do I link to now you multi-site hussy?:-) pointed out I might want to go be grateful :-))

3 Comments:

Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Ohhh, that was quick! Have you tried it out yet?
I bet your Hubby likes it, btw. Men always seem to be attracted to my Louet when I take it out in public, `cause it`s sort of chunky and rugged. ;-)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

Ha! I haven't been *that* bad!! Although talking to Fred yesterday about the Ashford Traditional he won on Ebay has got me thinking about re-working this months budget...

Must. Not. Buy.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Any yarn yet? Or has your Hubby reduced the Louet to firewood in a fit of fury? :-D

(I know, I know....Easter holidays. I haven`t done any spinning either. )

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home