Friday, April 21, 2006

A quiet night out.....

You can tell we don't get out much coz when we do we overdress..............
Does anyone remember the delectable Dawn French's fabulous skit of Shakespeare's Sister? It was an homage, what can I say? Luckily you can't see the nether regions. Well luckily you can't see mine really, Bri's nether regions were just fine! :-) I was wearing a tattered black "fairy" skirt over a net petticoat with holey fishnets and DM's. The saddest thing is that I would happily dress like this even if the invite didn't say "Fancy Dress"!!! What doesn't show is that Bri's quiff was about a foot long - wicked and a great chance for the old slap-head to have hair. Been a long time. Thank God bald men are so sexy, eh darling? :-)
Quick, get back to wool :-) This is a scarf I had to do for an order. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to have orders but I have a festie in 10 days and NO FRIGGIN' STOCK - AAAGHHH!!! So anyway (deep breaths, deep breaths.....) the scarf is in shades of pink, looks odd but very pretty on. Today I've done a pair of pink pixie slippers for a friend's daughter. Added some angelina fibres to the last layer and they look pretty - pics when they are dry. The slouch socks: First one cast off. That is not as good a thing as it sounds because it is too short in the foot. F*^k! This is a stupid pointless mistake as I had my feet with me when I cast the sodding thing off so how come? I blame Brian. Apart from the fact that he doesn't read the blog it really is his fault. As are most things if I think hard enough. Bless. Anyway we were screaming down the motorway last Saturday with me knitting and the kids squashed in the back in that kind of stupor that you pray for as a parent coz they aren't fighting. I managed to get my foot onto the dash board to try on the sock as it was obviously nearing completion. This was not a pretty sight, by the way, and if you happened to be on the same bit of motorway as us I can only apologise. And hope your eyesight returns OK. Apparently though it was also dangerous as the back window was full of pillows and the wing mirror was obscured by my thunder thigh ample presence. I was informed of this in no uncertain terms so I crammed the sock on and off again in the time it takes Brian to yell "I've£^%&'in told you once, don't get in front of the £*&('in wing mirror!!!" (The "once" refers to the fact that he asked me to read the map and then threw a wobbler coz I picked it up to read it - you guessed it, obscuring the wing mirror. Putting the "fun" in dysFUNctional. ) Sooooo I didn't really try the sock on properly and it is a bit short but, hey, worse things happen. I'll frog back and add a few rows but it'll have to wait a while as I'd already cast on the second sock - to keep me occupied and stop me obscuring the mirrors :-)

12 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Love the photo LOL - I remember the Shakespear's Sister thing very well :-D

Sorry about the sock, it is definitely DH's fault. Guilty as charged :-)

5:48 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

That photo is great! Commiserations on the sock but it's a very pretty sock and will be just fine with a bigger foot and, hey, it's all about the process, right?!! ;-)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

Great pic! Definitely DH's fault about the sock length after all, you wouldn't make a mistake like that all on your ownsome now would you? ;-P

6:43 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh if only speed cameras had it all on film .....and we could see the sight ( not so you'd be fined or anything nasty) but it must have been quite something .Other folks do such boring things in cars ! Those are such great socks..Franklin has a link to a sock-knnitting couple and the guy just made the most gorgeous Lucy Neatby socks ..I think "Get Knitted" just put up the pattern. Angie

6:45 AM  
Blogger Spinningfishwife said...

Ohh, pretty scarf. I know nothing about felting, but I can see it in my future some day......

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like the scarf and excited at the thought of the slippers!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Sharon J said...

LOL at the make-up. You look like me on a good day :-)

I can just picture you trying to try that sock on! Can you hear me laughing from there?

4:39 PM  
Blogger sal the spider said...

LOL Cherry you are too kind! Much more "Orange Peel" than "Alabaster" and more "Fat bottomed girls" than "Beautiful" hehe!
Sal x

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wot a beautiful sight !!!! looking as gorgeous as ever,dan would loved to of seen the never regions, not brians ! scarf looks great please could we see it on the model to get the full effect.
Hope boys are good and we'll see all soon. Mugs on board.
LOL always the blights xxxx

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, dye-o-rama bud! You hereby officially have a buddy! I am STOKED my bud's a Brit, and what better intro to you than the pic above? :) I've taken a quick peek at your profile to discover we're birds of a feather. I look forward to cyberstalking, er, doing research to come up with wonderful yarn just for you. I must dash--my elderly aunt is coming to visit today and I've done the usual procrastinating until I'm now in a positive frenzy to get even a stab at cleaning done. Why? I've been dyeing! Auntie is here for a week, so I will contact you then... until then bud, know you've got a new fan... omg, I just bought from the Natural Dye Studio for the first time a couple weeks ago! From one orange peel/Fat Bottomed Girl to another...

9:30 AM  
Blogger sal the spider said...

Hi there dye-o-rama buddy!! What better intro could I have than the picture above eh?? Thanks for getting in touch, have fun with Auntie - then get dyeing!!! This is going to be fun!
Sal x
Going to go put on "Fat Bottomed Girls" in our honour!! :-)

7:51 AM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

I haven't stopped giggling - the face paint, the sock - tea all over keyboard.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home