Monday, February 20, 2006

He said what now???

We were driving to pick up the eldest last night ( a mere 60 odd mile round trip, thanks Mum, thanks Dad, oh yeah!) when we passed a shop that I believe has started to sell wool. Now I live in a wool wasteland, no internet, no wool, so this is exciting to me even if it is 20 miles away.
I say to Brian - my man - "Shame it's not opening hours, I would like to go and see what they've got" Instantly the reply "You've got enough wool, why would you want more?"
Now obviously this is a stock reply from a bloke ( no offence to you knitting blokes, present company is obviously excepted!) but what makes me laugh is that my stash is virtually non-existant! It is a sad, small, shy thing that - to be honest - embarrasses me when among other knitters. I could get my whole stash into, say,(oh, God why am I saying this, nobody will ever take me seriously with such a stash!!) a biggish carrier bag. There, I've said it. So sue me.
Enough wool? Poor bugger little does he know........................

3 Comments:

Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Haha! Such a blokish comment! Or rather, a typical comment from a partner of a wool addict ;) Tom's not soo bad, after all, he hoards drills and broken hoovers. Does your man have an obsession of his own? It's always useful to remind them of that....

Welcome to blogland, and see, I came to visit :)

Oh, you might want to turn on the 'word verification' option on to stop spammers. It's in the settings menu somewhere.

10:23 AM  
Blogger sal the spider said...

Hi Ruth
Actually none of us dare to mention his obsession - no don't worry, it's legal;-) But long series of Fishing Matches held over many weeks and happy family life with your 3 boys don't go well together:-( I'm not a misery, honest, I understand obsession as well as the next obsessive;-) but we weren't seeing him for weeks on end so he has cut back - grudgingly! Hence my (currently LOL) small stash, it's called sympathy!!!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Minnieknits said...

First UKHK, then a blog and now gratuitous stash enhancement around the corner (watch that bag grow into a whole cupboard, then entire room before engulfing the family home!lol) - Sal has arrived on the internet !
Yay to the spider!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home