Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Busy, busy.......

I really do like spinning:-) Which is good considering some pending news I have. (Later guys, can't get my own head round it yet.) I have started to spin for my first proper project in handspun. I figured I could put the stuff away and wait to be "worthy" or just get on with it, so I chose the latter. This is by far the most concentrated bout of spinning I've done since I got the wheel and I'm getting my spinning mojo on!! :-) This is not to say I'm not crap - but, hey, that's all part of the curve! I am spinning all my singles first - like Ruth from Winghams told me (see I was listening :-)) so I have the fun of seeing them s-l-o-w-l-y mount up. I am aiming for a thick DK, not too soft but softish (not very techy I realise!) I have a great waistcoat pattern from Cabin Fever called the Kimono Vest that I'm hoping it will look good knitted up in. Or maybe a nice shrug. Trouble with being a "big Girl" and wearing a shrug is you just look like you shrunk your cardi. Or wore the one you bought before you ate all the pies. Hmmnn, will see when it's spun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey, Sal, the yarn look sgreat. Is spinning hard? Have i got room?

5:13 PM  
Blogger sal the spider said...

Thanks, I've got a hell of a lot to learn but I feel like I'm getting a teeny bit better :-) No, it's not hard. You can learn in 5 mins but being good? Much harder! Remember learning to knit? The "feel" comes to you, that sort of feeling that you get when you get really into a skill? Same. You know what you have to achieve you just need to put in the time till the "feel" gets you! Course you've got room (sorry John......!LOL) just buy small wheels!!!!!

6:15 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I'm always impressed by knitters who spin as well :-) I don't think we have room for a wheel here though, not with a mounting stash of yarn to accomodate too!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home