Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I think it's "Au Revoir" guys........

Sorry, sorry, sorry for being a bad blogger and not actually blogging anything :-( I just never seem to have time to blog. I check out several blogs belonging to other folks every day but I can do that in a minute here, minute there, blogging myself takes too much time.....

The good news is I have been offered a place to do a BSc in Chinese Medicine. Ta Da! I am absolutely over the moon. Due to craptastic circs, including death and disaster, I missed out on the Uni place I was offered at 18 so I have had to wait another 23 years for this and, boy, does it feel good! I really think that this subject ( which I would never have chosen at 18) is much more "me" than my choice back then........

It means I will have to get organised. No more festivals selling tie-dye for me, I will need all my waking hours (and probably some sleeping ones!) to fit in college, homework and still having all the stuff to do I do now (which I already don't have time for) like cooking, cleaning, washing, dog walking etc etc. So, the non-essentials go. Felting, dyeing, most sewing and, I'm afraid, blogging. I will still knit - you think I'd give that up?!- and spin if I ever get a moment but all the things I have filled my time with because I could will have to move over.
I will still keep in touch via everyone's blogs but from this one it has to be Au Revoir.................

12 Comments:

Blogger blueadt said...

I'll be sad to see you go but agree that you don't have enough hours in the day.

Enjoy your course it sounds very interesting!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the BSc. Have a great time.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

I'll miss you Sal but I know this is a brilliant opportunity for you and I wish you all the best.

7:11 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

The best of luck with your course, hope to see you around blogland :-)

11:41 PM  
Blogger NikolaAnne said...

Hey, that is no hassles, you take the time you need for you.

Sounds like a fantastic degree! Good Luck, and I do hope that I get to meet you at some Fibre fair or other at some point!

As, after al, you do need to take some downtime for yourself. That and you need to get your Kids washing up for you! ;-)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Sal we are really gonna miss you but you will be acheiving something fantastic.So very best wishes . angie ,Holly and Jeff xxx

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the course, hope it brings you everything you're after. {Hugs} xx

12:31 PM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Actually, I'm going to disagree with everyhing that's written here.

You're not allowed to do a degree, since you started blogging you have now signed your life away to the internet. If you stop, the wool fairies will come and eat all your socks. And where would you and your family be without socks? You'd have to spend the next decade knitting enough pairs to keep you all clothed and you'd never have time to study (or blog)

And yeah, get the boys to start washing up and doing chores - the ladies will love this skill when they're older!

Pop by hun, say hello and we'll hook up before I bugger off to Europe, ok? xxx

6:55 PM  
Blogger maylin said...

Good Luck

10:49 PM  
Blogger Flossie in Stitches said...

Aw, sad to see the blog go, but I've been a rather slack blogger too recently so I can only imagine how busy you are keeping your four boys under control.

I know how excited you are about the degree though and you'll manage the work just fine, because you want it so badly :o)

Make sure you keep in touch via email when you can. And I hope we meet over a ball of yarn someday :o)

Happy knitting and studying. Big hugs. xxxxxx

4:34 PM  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

Congratulations, we'll miss you couldn't have a better excuse :)

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will miss you.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home